|Didn't find the answer you were looking for?|
Contact us for help.
The sign-in name you select is how other members will identify you. (Your email address is never shown to others on Sell.com.) Your sign-in name should be 4 - 20 characters in length and cannot have spaces, dots (periods), or special characters; dashes (-) and underscores (_) are allowed.
Your Sell.com sign-in name cannot:
A Sell.com sign-in name that does not meet these guidelines is subject to change at any time.
- Represent any form of contact information (URL, email, phone, etc).
- Represent something other members may consider offensive or inappropriate.
- Cause confusion in our marketplace
Your password provides you with access to members-only areas on Sell.com, including your negotiations and account information. Your password must be at least six (6) characters in length, but not more than 20. Your password should contain both numbers (0-9) and letters (A-Z, a-z), and may also contain non-alphanumeric characters such as underscores (_), commas (,), dollar signs ($), etc. No spaces are allowed.
Protect yourself from identity theft:
- Never share your password with others. Sell.com will never ask for your password via email. If another member on Sell.com says they need your password, or you receive an email asking for your password, report the incident immediately.
- Change your password from time to time. Once you're signed in, it's easy to change your password via your Profile page.
Tips for creating a good password:
- Your password should not contain personal or family data in any way (e.g., your name, your street name, your child's name, etc.)
- Don't use a variation of your banking or ATM PIN number.
- Don't use the same password you use on other websites, like eBay.
- The longer your password is, the more difficult it is for others to guess. We suggest you create a password that is 8 characters or more, and includes both upper-case and lower-case letters, and punctuation.
- An example of a good password: gBuyS74$ (please don't use this for your password).