|Didn't find the answer you were looking for?|
Contact us for help.
You can use Advanced Search to perform detailed searches or you can refine your keywords using the tips below:
Advanced Search Syntax
Here are some specific tips for Sell.com searches:
- Including Words You can specify words you want to appear in your search by simply entering the keyword(s) in the search box. Your search only will return listings that include all of your search terms. There is no need to include "and" between terms. To restrict a search further, just include more terms.
- Excluding Words You can exclude a word from your search by putting a minus sign (-) immediately in front of the term you want to avoid. (Be sure to include a space before the minus sign).
For example, a search for bass that excludes the word "music" looks like this:
[ bass -music ] [search]
You can exclude multiple words from a search:
[ bass -music -guitar -drum ] [search]
- Common Words Searches on Sell.com ignore common words and characters (known as stop words) because they tend to slow down searches without improving the quality of the results. These include single digits and single letters.
- Wildcards To provide the most accurate results, Sell.com does not support "wildcard" searches. In other words, we search for the words that you enter in the search box. Searching for "wardrobe" will not yield "ward" or "war".
- Capitalization Sell.com searches are not case sensitive. All letters regardless of how you type them will be understood as lower case. For example, searches for "mike modano", "Mike Modano", and "MiKe mOdAno" will all return the same results.
- Search By Category A convenient way to refine your search for a particular topic is to browse categories. For example, searching for "Saturn" within the Autos & Motorcycles >> Cars category of the Sell.com directory returns only pages about Saturn vehicles. It does not return listings about the planet Saturn, or any other meanings of the term. Searching within a category of interest allows you to quickly focus on only the most relevant listings. Begin by clicking the Browse button on the site.
All of the above advanced search techniques may be combined for use in one very powerful search.
This specifies a search for the minimum price for an item.
Example: [ wine min:30 ] [go]
This search would find all listings with "wine" in the title that cost at least $30.
This specifies a search for the maximum price for an item.
Example: [ car max:9000 ] [go]
- pict: yes/no
This search returns only listings with pictures.
Example: [ puppy pict:yes ] [go]
- title_only: yes/no
This search only looks for your keywords in ad titles.
Example: [ gown title_only:yes ] [go]
- zip: U.S. zip codes only
This search limits the results to those listings within a specific zip code.
Example: [ television zip:75243 ] [go]
- within: miles
This search expands the results of a zip-code search out to a specified distance.
Example: [ television zip:75243 within:30 ] [go]
- category: a numerical category (found by using ‘browse’)
This search looks for listings within a specific category.
Example: [ Saturn category:169 ] [go]
- member: sign-in name
This search looks for listings posted by a specific seller.
Example: [ member:CommanderTaco ] [go]
Example: [ anime pict:yes member:CommanderTaco ] [go]