|*** Vilerm Acyclovir Cream 5g ***|
For the Treatment of Herpes Simplex Virus Infections
--> What Is Acyclovir Cream Used For?
Acyclovir cream is a prescription medication approved to treat cold sores.
Cold sores (known medically as herpes labialis) are caused by a virus, usually herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1). Cold sores, also called fever blisters, usually occur on the lips or mouth (unlike canker sores, which occur inside the mouth). Cold sores can be highly contagious (they can spread to other people easily). Most people have been infected with this virus, even if they have never had a cold sore.
Acyclovir cream is approved to treat recurrent cold sores in adults and adolescents age 12 and older.
--> How Does Acyclovir Cream Work?
As mentioned, cold sores are caused by viruses -- specifically, the herpes simplex viruses (HSV). Acyclovir cream is an antiviral medication that helps the body fight the infection by preventing the virus from multiplying.
It is important to understand that once a person has been infected with these viruses, they never go away. Rather, they remain inactive in certain nerve cells of the body, waiting to become active again. In addition, treatment with acyclovir cream does not prevent future outbreaks of cold sores.
Composition : Each 100g contains Acyclovir 5g
Indications : For the treatment of herpes simplex virus infections of the skin initial and recurrent genital herpes and herpes labialis.
Dosage and Administration :
- Apply to the lesion or impending lesions 5 times daily at approximately four-hourly intervals, as early as possible after the start of an
- It is particularly important to start treatment of recurrent episodes during the prodromal period or when the lesions first appear. Treatment should be continued for 5 days.
Considerations for people taking acyclovir cream include the following:
- The medication is to be used on the lips and skin of the face; it is not meant to be ingested or to be used inside the mouth or nose.
- You should use disposable rubber, latex, or similar gloves to apply acyclovir cream in order to prevent spreading the infection to other parts of your body. Or, make sure to wash your hands thoroughly after each application.
Mode of action :
- Acyclovir is an antiviral agent which is highly active in vitro against Herpes simplex virus (HSV) type I and II and Varicella zoster virus.
Toxicity to mammalian host cells is low.
- Acyclovir is phosphorylated after entry into herpes infected cells to the active compound acyclovir triphosphate. The first step in the process is dependent on the presence of the HSV coded thymidine kinase. Acyclovir triphosphate acts as an inhibitor of and substrate for the herpes specified DNA polymerase preventing further viral DNA synthesis with affecting normal cellular processes.
Contraindications : Hypersensitivity or chemical intolerance to the components of the formulation.
Precautions and warning/and other informations :
- For cutaneous use only. Do not use in the eye.
- It is not teratogenic or carcinogenic nor does it affect fertility.
- No information is available on the effects of acyclovir or on during human pregnancy or on the fetus.
- No information is available on levels of acyclovir in breast milk.
Drug interactions : Acyclovir is not known to interact with any other drug.
Side effects / adverse reactions : Transient burning or stinging, erythema or mild drying and flaking of skin have been reported in a small propotion of patients.
Storage condition : Store in a dry place and below 25C
Shipping & Handling :
- We will ship this item via Post by Air Parcel WITHOUT Tracking Number.
- If you need Registered Airmail for TRACKING NUMBER so please add USD $2.30 or GBP1.40.
- We can not be responsible for uninsured shipments, if you want to Insurance please add USD $2.30 or GBP1.40.
- Our items are well packed and We only ship to paypal registered address.
- If you would like to change the shipping's address, please inform us by message or email.
- We dispatch 5 days a week, Monday-Friday with processing times of usually just 1-2 working days.
- However, We ship from Thailand, so it takes about 2-3 weeks.
- The item will be delivered to you in 5-10 working days for Asia, 2-3 weeks for Europe, USA and Australia, 3-6 weeks for Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Spain, South America.
- Please consider few more days for your local customs delay and formalities.
- Most of shipments reach most countries within 10-14 days but could take up to 30 business days.
- Busy periods like Christmas may take longer.
- Buyer who want to expedite the shipping period, we offer EMS Delivery, FedEx which takes about 5-7 business days. Please contact us before making a payment by message. There is an additional shipping cost.
- We only accept paypal as payment.
- Payment should be made within 5 days to avoid our automated unpaid item case being opened.
- Customs Tax : Buyer is RESPOSIBLE for Paying Customs Tax Charge that maybe occur.
Return Policy :
* Return any faulty item within 14 days for full refund or exchange.
* Buyer is responsible for shipping cost of returning an items.
- You can send it back to us in the same condition (UNDAMAGED) by Registered Air Mail Only (The refund is not include shipping fee).
- If you don't satisfied with our product, Please do not leave negative feedback before contact us. We will try to solve any problems that
- If you require further information or have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
||$5.20 (Fixed) US Dollars
||12 (New condition)
||Shipping within Thailand:|
5-9 Day Ground Service: $3.45
Shipping outside of Thailand:
International Service: $3.45
||Ask seller for details.
||more than 1 month ago