**This item is IN STOCK and available as of 2015**
Click the blue "Add to Cart" to purchase this item using any debit/credit card safely and easily.
To pay by Paypal: send me a message with your email address. =)
I can also take checks, money orders & well-concealed cash.
I ship ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! ;) ALL of my DVDs can be coded REGION FREE and will play in USA, Australia, the UK, Canada or anywhere else in the world! :]
This ad is for 3 DVDS of the VERY RARE PBS documentary "Making Sense of the Sixties". It includes all 6 parts of this fantastic documentary! Filmed in the early 80's, it is almost impossible to find until now.
The 60's were an intense time for change. This documentary takes you through the decade. The bad, the good, the ugly and the victorious.
Making Sense of the 60's is broken down into six 1 hour episodes:
-- Pt. One: Seeds of the sixties
- The Fifties
- Baby Boom
- The birth of the suburbs
- How baby boomer parents raised their kids
- Dr Spock
- The role women and men were supposed to play
- What TV told us (Ozzie and Harriet)
- The "myth" of the typical 50's family.
- The educational films of the 50's- the purpose of these films
- Teaching the "Rules" of the 50's - "Obey Authority" "Control your emotions" "What was NORMAL" "Fit in with the group"
- The arrival of Rock and Roll- Little Richard and Elvis
- African-American dilapidated schools
- The possibly of integration of school to give kids a better
- Brown vs. Board of education
-- Pt. 2 :
- Going to University
- College in the 60's
- White Male Dominance
- Women throw out of college for being raped
- Civil right movement
- Martin Luther King speech
- JFK shooting
- Civil rights bill
-- Pt. 3
- the Beatles
- Hair cuts
- Love in
- Counter Culture
- Timothy Leory
- Woodstock and Altamonte
- Assignation of Robert Kennedy
-- Part 4: "in a Dark Time"
- Lyndon Johnson
- The start of welfare, medicaid, student loans
- War protest
- The Draft
- Inner City poverty
- Riots in watts
- Assassination of Martin Luther King
-- Part 5:
- Racial Change
- Womens Rights
- The womens "Role" in the home now
-- Part 6: "legacies of the 60's"
- African American life: then and now
- Womens rights
- What the 60 meant
- How Vietnam changed the world
- How views on sexuality have changed.
Some of the people interviewed in this documentary are:
- Michael Ross author
- Jack Beatty
- Oliver Stone
- Theodore Rozak
- Thomas Flemming
- Steven Mintz
- Anne Beatts
This is an AMAZING DOCUMENTARY! Not only is it good for entertainment, but it would be AWESOME FOR COLLEGE OR CLASSROOM TEACHING!
**** I am located in the USA, but I ship anywhere and all my DVD's are region free and will play in any country! ~~ =) Quality is excellent. ****
Thank you so much for visiting my store. I appreciate all my customers and I'm honored to have your business :)
I ship FAST and I pack right. I provide FREE tracking on ALL my USA orders- tracking information is provided within 48 hours and all orders ship with 72 hours (most ship in 48 hrs.) **(Large bulk orders may take longer) :)
Looking for something you DON'T see in my store? Message me- I have over 3,000 rare DVDs and I will list an item just for you. If I don't have it, I will do my best to find it. I will also beat ANYONE'S price online. =)
|Pay with: ||Credit Cards with Stripe,Cash,Money Order/Cashiers Check,Personal check|
||$19.99 (Negotiable) US Dollars
||1 (Good condition)
|| Orlando, FL [United States]
||Shipping within United States: |
US Postal Service 2-9 Day Parcel Select:
Shipping within United States:
US Postal Service 2-3 Day Priority Mail:
Shipping outside of United States:
$6.00 first item,
$0.50 each additional
||3 weeks ago